• We're deeply committed to creating a safe and secure online environment for you.
• We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
• We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
• We do not display advertising on Tutoruu. Our mission is to provide you a safe community with academic, financial, and mental support throughout your university experience, not to sell you products.
Tutoruu, Inc. (“Tutoruu”, “our”, “us”, or “we”) is an Egyptian organization. We use the information we collect to provide you with a better experience and fulfill our mission of providing a free university community for anyone in Egypt.
We collect information in the following ways, depending on your use of the Service and your account settings:
• We collect information from you directly, such as when you create an account, communicate with us, participate in activities, events or surveys, or otherwise provide information during your use of the Service.
• We may collect information from others, such as your University, or third parties (meaning organizations outside of Tutoruu), such as third-party applications that you use to connect to the Service (e.g. Google).
Examples of information we may collect includes:
• Account registration information (username, birthdate, and email)
• Information about your browser or device, and general location
• Information you choose to include in your profile or post in public areas of the Service
• Information you may provide in connection with specific features or special programs
• Non-personal information which may be linked to your personal information, including Information about your use of our Service
Tutoruu uses information collected for the purposes of:
• providing the Service
• personalizing your experience
• communicating with you about your account and our Service (including responding to inquiries and sharing information about new features and offerings that may be of interest)
• enabling your participation in special programs that we may offer in partnerships with third parties (if you choose to participate in such special programs)
• understanding and improving our Service, and developing new or improved educational offerings
We may also use de-identified or aggregated information for product development, research, analytics and other purposes, including for the purpose of analyzing, improving or marketing our Service, for demonstrating the impact of our Service, or conducting educational research.
Tutoruu shares and disclose information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the company, our customers, or others.
Tutoruu takes great care to protect the personal information you provide to us. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. This section explains circumstances in which we may share personal information with third parties.
We may share personal information:
• with other users of our Service, if you use features that enable you to share your information with (or make it accessible to) others.
• with Vendors, consultants and other service providers working on our behalf
• with other users that are associated with your account, such as a parent, teacher or coach.
• with your university, if you are using our Service as a member of a university
• in connection with business transfers (due to mergers and acquisitions).
• for compliance purposes, such as when reasonably necessary to protect the security and safety of our users or Service, or when permitted by law.
We may also share de-identified or aggregated information that does not reasonably identify any individual.Sponsorship And Advertising
Tutoruu does not share any of your personal information with sponsors or advertisers without your consent. We do not provide these sponsors with the ability to track or collect information about our site visitors or users.
Tutoruu does not display third party advertisements on our Service. We may, from time to time, incorporate content or link to content provided by third parties that may be of interest to you and relevant to the educational context of our Service. Some of these materials or websites may include branding or advertisements as permitted by the third party owner or operator.
We take privacy very seriously. We strive to put you in control of the choices and decisions regarding your personal information.
We understand that your personal information is important to you, and that is why you have choices in how your personal information is used and shared. We want you to have access to your personal information, so that you can help keep it as accurate as possible.
For example, you can choose whether to create an account (or use the Service without registering). If you register for an account, you can:
• Limit optional information you provide
• Choose whether you wish to share personal information with (and use) third party services
• Choose whether you wish to receive optional emails
• Update, correct, and delete your account information through your account settings
We want you to have access to your information, so that you can help keep it as accurate as possible. If you register and provide Tutoruu with information, you may update, correct, or delete your account and information at any time by reviewing your profile information and preferences on your account settings page.
Tutoruu is committed to securing your personal information.
Some of the ways in which we protect your personal information include:
• We protect your personal information with encryption during transmission over the public Internet
• We use reasonable organizational and technical safeguards designed to help protect the privacy and security of your personal information
Some of the ways in which we encourage you to protect your personal information include:
• We encourage you to create (and keep) a strong password
• We encourage you to be thoughtful about what you post and continue to learn about online safety
• We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
• The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We use reasonable safeguards to protect our Service and your personal information, but no security measures are perfect.
You have the right granted by laws and regulations to obtain from us the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed. You can contact us at any time to claim this right.
You have the right to request the information that is currently being processed by us. You can also ask us for the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations; where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject, or to object to such processing; the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source.
Furthermore, you have the right to know whether the personal data are transferred to a third country or an international organization. Where this is the case, you shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
You have the right to let us know when your information changes, and the information we have on file is no longer accurate. Considering the purposes of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including using providing a supplementary statement.
Tutoruu hereby confirms that it does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
• For example:
• You should consult the privacy policies of those third party websites.
You shall have the right granted by the applicable laws and regulations to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time.
Tutoruu's can be contacted by email at: email@example.com